CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baby Update 39.5 weeks

Had a nice appointment with the sonogram tech and doctor this morning.

Sonogram tech - lovely woman that she is - informed me that my child is now 9.5 lbs. Yikes!

Dr. Deem said that they usually overestimate by 10%, but that still puts her in the 8-9 lb range. Yikes again.

I am dilated 3 cm now. Dr. says that means I'll have an easier labor b/c I'm already 1/3 of the way there. We are going in tomorrow morning to have the membranes stripped (http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/childbirth/excf5.htm if you want more info). This is supposed to stimulate labor - 1/2 of women who have this done have labor start within 8 hours. If that doesn't work, we'll induce soon.

So that's the update for the week. The best news I can give is we'll have a new baby by this time next week. Will let y'all know when it really happens.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

When are you going to post some pictures of my sweet little niece?