CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Thank You, Mom!

When we moved in our house, my mom sent over 9 boxes of my 'memories'. From babyhood to college, anything that I wanted to keep was fair game and was tossed in a box. A couple years ago, I got the 9 down to 7. With the great closet cleanout, I vowed to go through them and whittle it down from 7 to 3 or 4.

What could I possibly have saved, you ask? Every card ever received (I still do this for us and our kids); impressions of my teeth pre-braces; my 2 year molars that were extracted prior to said braces; notes from middle school, high school, and college; my childhood "art"; bookmarks; key chains; photos; medals; t-shirts; certificates; ticket stubs; and a very worn 'talking' teddy with disputed ownership.

The box count is now 4, and I have really enjoyed the stroll down memory lane over the last few weeks. Thank you, Mom, for letting me keep all my 'treasures'! Love you!

0 comments: