CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome Mathis Family (and my new A/C)!

About 18 months ago, a trip to Italy was born. I have to admit I was a little jealous... there's no way I was going to get to go, with one toddler and a baby on the way. But that Italy trip did get me a trip away with my hubby...

See, Janice and Steve Mathis (Steve's sister and her husband) needed someone to stay with our nieces while they were in Italy. I was trying to plan a 5 year anniversary get away with my Steve. I offered to go to Atlanta to stay with the girls if she would come here to stay with my kids. A deal was brokered, and Janice decided to bring the whole family for a week's stay in Fort Worth.

They were to arrive on Thursday, and on the Saturday before, we kicked preparations into high gear. Things were going well - house was getting cleaned, bug guy came, door guy came, and plumber came. I made 2 trips to Target and one to Albertson's. Steve came home on time to get changed and switch cars to make the airport run. And in that instant, when I was removing car seats from the Tahoe so there would be room for people and their luggage, it all went south. Steve came out to announce that it was hot upstairs. As I shooed him back in the house, declaring that it could wait a minute, I was thinking, ok buddy, what do you expect in Texas in July? All that heat has to go somewhere! As my dad says, God got me. Sure enough, our A/C upstairs was out.

Thankfully, we have lots of family nearby and we were all able to sleep in a cool place last night. We got a new outside unit this morning and by the afternoon the upstairs had cooled nicely. What an exciting start to the visit!

0 comments: