CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

My dad gave me a copper pot, apple cider mix, cinnamon sticks and mulling spices for my birthday right after Zachary was born. He said that he wanted Zachary to know the smell of Christmas. So each year, the pot comes out, and cidery type things get boiled in it and the house smells lovely - just like Christmas.


This year, I decided to start my own tradition - gingerbread house decorating. We bought the kit, and set out to put it together after school. I knew it would be messy and fun, and it was.
Zachary ate sweet tarts for the first time (yummy) and didn't realize that pixie sticks were edible (thank goodness), and was licking the frosting off the house almost as fast as I could get it on there. Somehow the house stuck together, even though we definitely did not let it set after assembling. It is a work of art, and I can't wait to make another one next year!


0 comments: